Updated: Information about the end of year reporting added.
The DVLA business plan sets out the agency’s plans for the coming year. It details our 16 key performance measures and 19 customer service measures.
During 2013 to 2014 we will:
- redesign our business and processes around customer needs to cater for the digital world that we all now live in and keep up with future technology changes
- improve take up of our electronic services
- change our culture to become a responsive, agile and empowered organisation
- ensure personal data is held safely, increasing accuracy and continuing to achieve high levels of motoring tax compliance
- modernise our services by centralising work at Swansea
- prepare the ground for our major IT contract let
- make progress towards £100 million a year reduction in operating costs by the end of 2014 to 2015 against a 2010 to 2011 baseline
- develop our staff and managers so that we have the skills to deliver, know what we are working to achieve and can all apply this strategy in our day to day work.
Our business plan provides quarterly updates on performance against business objectives. It gives our customers a more transparent picture of where the agency is heading and how we perform during the year.