Call DVLA at 0844 241 0133 to Resolve All Your Driving Licence Queries
Driving licence is one of the most important requirements to drive one or more motor vehicles on the public roads. Obtaining a legal driving licence takes time but is essential to enjoy a safe and hassle-free ride on the roads. Making your task easier is the DVLA, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, that can assist you with the required information about the driving licence in the U.K. and also help you in obtaining the same. Contact DVLA at 0844 241 0133.
Applying for provisional driving licence
A provisional driving licence is the document that gives an individual the permission to drive on the UK roadsonly under the supervision of the driving instructor or another driver over the age of 21 who has held a full driving licence for a minimum of three years. However, this excludes motorways.
One can apply for their provisional driving licence for a car, moped or motorcycle online from DVLA. You can also call the DVLA contact number or apply via post for the same. For assistance, dial 0844 241 0133 to connect with DVLA customer care representative.
Before applying, make sure that you are 15 years and 9 months old. To apply online, one needs to make sure that:
1) He/She is a resident of Great Britain.
2) He/She meets the minimum age and eyesight requirement.
3) He/She is not prevented from driving for any reason.
4) He/She is willing to pay £34 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card.
5) He/She has a valid UK passport or other form of identity.
6) He/She has the National Insurance number if known.
7) Addresses where he has lived over the last 3 years.
Once the form is duly filled and submitted online, it is expected that the individual will receive the licence within the next one week. Dial telephone number of DVLA 0844 241 0133 for assistance.
Renewing the driving licence
Renewing a driving licence online is easy if an individual has a valid U.K. passport. A government gateway ID can also be applied when one fills the form to renew the passport. It should be remembered that a photocardlicence needs to be renewed every 10 years.
One cannot renew his licence online in situations of change in the name or title or if he holds a 5-year bus or lorry licence. For more details, contact the DVLA contact number at 0844 241 0133.
Renewing the licence online requires the following:
1) A valid UK passport.
2) An individual must be a resident of Great Britain.
3) He/She is willing to pay £14 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card (there’s no fee if you’re over 70 or have a medical short period licence).
4) Addresses of where he/she has lived over the last 3 years.
5) The details of your current driving licence.
6) National Insurance number.
7) He/She is not disqualified from driving.
Changing the address
A change in address can be updated using a government gateway ID. If, an individual fails to inform the DVLA about the address change, he could be fined £1,000. The address change for your vehicle registration and vehicle tax Direct Debit also needs to be shared with the DVLA. The executive available at DVLA contact number 08442415511 can assist you with further details.
Viewing/sharing the driving licence information
This service by the DVLA can be accessed if one has his driving licence number, National Insurance Number and the postcode on his driving licencefor the following:
1) Viewing his driving record, eg vehicles he can drive
2) Check penalty points or disqualifications he has
3) Creating a licence ‘check code’ to share his driving record with someone, eg a car hire company.
An individual cannot use this service if:
1) His licence was issued outside of England, Wales or Scotland.
2) He wants to check the progress of a licence application.
3) He wants to check historical information, eg expired penalty points.
The DVLA can assist an individual in many more ways. If you are in need of any kind of assistance pertaining to your driving licence, contact the DVLA customer care number 08442415511 now.